Kylie keeps secrets

Stormi+Webster%2C+Kylie+Jenners+newborn+child%2C+holds+on+to+her+mothers+thumb.+

Photo Kylie Jenner

Stormi Webster, Kylie Jenner’s newborn child, holds on to her mothers thumb.

Abigail Meyer, Staff Writer

For the past few months, there have been multiple rumors going around surrounding Kylie Jenner’s possible pregnancy, but no confirmation. However, On Sunday, Feb. 4, Jenner shared a picture on Instagram announcing her child’s birth and also apologizing for not sharing her pregnancy.

“I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark through all the assumptions. I understand you’re used to me bringing you along on all my journeys,” Jenner wrote. “My pregnancy was one I chose not to do in front of the world.”

She announced the baby’s name on Feb. 6 through Instagram; Stormi Webster. Though she waited to share the news until the Feb. 4, Webster was actually born on Feb. 1.

Although she is a famous makeup mogul and reality star, Jenner managed to do the impossible and keep her pregnancy hidden from the world. Her friends and family also managed to keep the information from slipping into the hands of the media.

Jenner not only revealed this information with an Instagram post, but also shared a video of the nine months she spent hiding away from the media. The video shows Jenner’s baby bump progression over the course of her pregnancy and the time she spent with Travis Scott, her boyfriend and the father of her child.

Many Robinson students who are fans of Jenner are glad that she decided to keep her pregnancy hidden, feeling that there are some things that should just be kept a secret.

“I feel better about Kylie keeping her pregnancy a secret because Kylie is kind of out there about everything, so I feel like it was necessary to keep her pregnancy a secret,” Laila Crooms (’19) said. “That’s one of the most personal things in a person’s life.”

Other students have a differing opinion, feeling that she only kept it hidden to give herself more attention in the long run.

“I think Kylie only kept it a secret because she knew that when she had her baby and revealed the news, all of the cameras would be on her, and that’s what she likes,” Corey Hendricks (’18) said.

Even though Jenner kept herself out of the media’s eye for a while, she was quick to bring herself back to the limelight. Her most recent Instagram post, announcing Webster’s name, became the most liked picture of all time.

No matter the differing opinions surrounding her pregnancy and child, it’s safe to say that she is still one of the most talked about people in the media right now, and isn’t going away anytime soon.