A Q&A with Luis Suarez, the new AP for Administration

Luis Suarez in his office.

Amelia Foster, A&E Editor, Multimedia Editor

Luis Suarez is Robinson’s new Assistant Principal for Administration, replacing Niki Lockett. RHSToday sat down with him to learn more.

Q: What was your previous job?

A: I was at Chamberlain High School for three years and I was the Assistant Principal for Student Affairs.

Q: When did you learn you were getting this position?

A: I learned that I was getting this job at Robinson just a couple days before getting hired, before accepting the job, and I was thrilled.

Q: How do you like Robinson so far?

A: This is an amazing place. I’m learning every day… I’m thrilled to be here.

Q: How is your current position different from what you used to do?

A: In the past I dealt more with student affairs, I supported students and everything that they did. Now I’m able to support students but I’m also able to oversee the athletic program, I oversee the whole building, making sure that everything is running smoothly and just supporting the school as a whole.

Q: What is your job like day-to-day?

A: Making sure that the building is running, your AC, your lights are working. Whatever teachers need I’m going to provide for them. Making sure that athletes are being cleared and properly addressed to all of their needs. I’m in charge of the calendar for the school, overseeing projects at the school whether it be construction or maintenance projects. I have many hats but it’s definitely been exciting and a new challenge.

Q: What challenges have there been so far?

A: Learning a new role.

Q: What are you looking forward to at Robinson?

A: I’m looking forward to bringing many state championships, I’m looking forward to seeing an IB program continue to grow, a traditional program to continue to grow. I’m just looking for great things here.