The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Benson Boone’s “Beautiful Things” Is An Enjoyable Breakup Song

Singer-songwriter Benson Boone releases his new single “Beautiful Things”
Benson Boones Beautiful Things cover art
Photo Wikipedia.com
Benson Boone’s “Beautiful Things” cover art

Benson Boone is a 21-year-old American singer-songwriter. He has been seen on the TV show “American Idol” and has gained a total of over 5 million followers on TikTok. Boone had his couple of shares with Billboard Top 100 Hits with songs such as “In the Stars” and “Ghost Town” in the 2020s. As of recently Boone has placed No. 1 on Billboard’s Global 200 with his new released single “Beautiful Things”.

Before I heard about the song, I had no clue in the world as to who this man was and what he did to make him seem so important. I searched up Boone’s name on Spotify and “Beautiful Things” popped up. I need some new music in my playlist, so I figured why not give this song a listen. Best. Decision. Ever.

At first when I had heard this song, I thought it was just going to be a cliche country song by your average white boy – I don’t think we can say this…phrase it more politically correct. Instead, this song took me by surprise. The use of the electric guitar to change the tone of the song actually shook me.

Something about this song truly speaks to me; It’s about how Boone got out of a long-term relationship but came to an end.  Boone uses his beautifully sharp vocals to express his love and pain throughout it all and I absolutely enjoyed it. When he sung the verse “And I want to hold you every night/ And that’s a feeling I wanna get used to/ But there’s no man as terrified as the man who stands to lose you,” my heart sunk; For a new, upcoming artist I wasn’t expecting this much emotion into his work.

Boone’s has some very good, strong vocals and I honestly think he’s a very talented artist. It makes sense why he’s so popular. I really wish to hear more of his music sometime in the near future.