A 1981 Robinson student practicing on a teacher in the cosmetology class.
Opinion
Trades Are the Way | FSPA 2024 Spring Convention
Keirra McGoldrick, Opinion Editor • April 24, 2024
Official album art for Conan Grays Found Heaven.
"Found Heaven" Finds Its Way to My Spotify
Cecilia Cheng, Print Managing Editor • April 16, 2024

Blood Drive Comes to RHS

Gisselle Zuniga waits as she gives blood during the Blood Drive.

Shaking slightly, Marshaira Baysa (’15) sits, waiting to be called to give her blood, legs crossed, paperwork in hand.

“It’s my first time giving blood-I’m a little scared,” Baysa said. “But, I want to contribute to society by donating blood.”

Baysa and others boarded the blood donor bus Friday to give blood that would be donated to local hospitals such as All Children’s, Tampa General, and Bayfront.

This is senior Kendrianna Watson’s second year donating blood.

“I want to help someone out there that’s sick and has the same blood type as me,” Watson said. “I was really nervous when I gave blood last year, but I’m not anymore. I feel good about it.”

In order to give blood, students must be at least 16 years old and also had to have a sugary drink, like Gatorade or Dr. Pepper, beforehand. After the process was over, there was Dunkin’ Donuts, Domino’s Pizza, and other snacks available for the donors, provided by the One Blood organization.

Senior Dylan Morales couldn’t wait for the opportunity to donate again this year.

“I gave blood last year, it is a good thing to do,” Morales said. “I was a bit nervous last time, but not anymore. I’m psyched!”

Click here to find out how to apply to donate blood or to learn more about the mission of One Blood.