Bhoolai creates iniatitive to recognize senior acceptances

Isabel Hanewicz, RHStoday Editor-in-Chief

On Tuesday, Nov. 29, Principal Robert Bhoolai recognized Megan Binette (’17) on the afternoon announcements for her acceptance to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the first senior in his new initiative to honor Robinson seniors.

“I think it’s important for students to know that their peers are looking at something post-secondary whether it’s college or career, I want to recognize those accolades,” Bhoolai said. “You guys have been working hard in school for 13 years, you deserve to be recognized, one, by your school and two, by your peers.”

Bhoolai plans to announce seniors’ post-collegiate plans every Friday on the afternoon announcements. Seniors who wish to be recognized should bring a copy of their official acceptance letter, once they decide on the school they will attend, to Bhoolai in the main office.

“It’s my way of saying, you know what, this is what the student has achieved, they’ve accomplished this feat, let’s congratulate them and make them feel good about it because they deserve it,” Bhoolai said.

For Binette, the first senior to be honored, the acceptance was a special one.

“It made me feel proud that I was being recognized for getting into my first choice school,” Binette said. “And [I was proud] that I would be the first girl in the history of Robinson to go there for the college of aviation.”