Robinson Students and Staff on Voting

Find out where and how to vote in the upcoming election, as well as what Robinson staff and students think about voting.

Photo Zoe Thaxton

An “I Voted” sticker gets given out from the polls to everyone who votes.

Shayla Mcintyre, Staff Writer

The Nov. 8 governor election is quickly approaching and wanting to make a change for your community and state is very important now more than ever. Now that we are in the final stretch, the two candidates are Ron Desantis (R) and Charlie Crist (D).

Voting is a very simple process and only takes a few minutes. There are two different ways that you can register to vote, the first way is through the mail: you can print out a voter registration form, fill it out and mail it back to your local election office. However, if technology isn’t your thing another option is to fill out a voter registration form and deliver it to your supervisor of elections. One cannot vote if they hadn’t registered by Oct. 11.

“I believe the process for registering to vote is very easy the supervisor of elections comes into the schools every year to help register kids to vote and you also have the option to register when you get your driver’s license,”  said history teacher Melissa Mousseau.

One of the easiest ways to find a voting place near you is to go to www.votehillsborough.gov , type in your address and the closest voting precinct will appear. Once you found a place just bring any type of photo ID with your signature on it and you will be ready to vote.

The stress to vote has risen for the younger generations as there are now many of them of age to vote.

“I think its important for people our age to get our voices out, it’s necessary that we exercise our right to vote because we are given that and it’s very wasteful to not use it when we are given that right,” Jake Perkins (’23) said.

Many seniors at Robinson recognize their privilege to be able to vote and are motivated to make a change.

“It’s important to vote in order to ensure your voice is heard, and to promote your beliefs in the system,” Kelsi White (’23) said.