The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Summer playlist playing on Spotify.
Opinion
10 Songs That Are Necessary for Your Summer Playlist
Ryan Rolle, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Winter Festival Success

PTSA’s Winter Festival was a spectacular success bringing holiday cheer to the Robinson community
Photo Whittaley Bowden
Local vendors sell many Christmas classics like ornaments and decor.

One of the highlights of this year’s Winter Festival was the vibrant array of vendors and food trucks that lined the parking lot, offering a delightful selection of trinkets and culinary delights. Families and friends wandered through the festival, embracing the holiday spirit as they indulged in seasonal treats and shopped for unique gifts from the various stalls. The air was filled with laughter and the delicious aroma of winter delicacies, creating a perfect backdrop for the celebration.

The festival is in its second year and is organized by the PTSA. Originally as known as the fall festival, the shift to the holiday season added a festive touch. The event’s popularity stems from a combination of diverse vendors attracting attendees seeking unique holiday gifts. Furthermore, the festival fosters a sense of community by providing a platform for locals to connect with RHS to create a strong bond between the school and the community.

A notable feature of the Winter Festival was the active participation of several Robinson clubs, adding an extra layer of holiday magic to the event. Members of Robinson clubs, ranging from arts and crafts to community service, came together to create a lively atmosphere and spread holiday cheer. Their creativity and enthusiasm were evident in the festive decorations that adorned the festival grounds, turning the event into a winter wonderland that captivated attendees of all ages.

One of the many notable clubs that participated in the Winter Festival was the Starlets who sold popcorn and handmade trinkets to fundraise for their upcoming winter guard season.

“We are fundraising to raise money towards the RHS Starlets so we can buy equipment, uniforms and costumes and props so we can do our best for competitions. It feels great to share out talent with the community and see that they support us as well,” Aurora Bartholomay (’26) said.

However, the event wasn’t just about fundraising. Erin Quinn, PTSA VP of Membership, organized the festival with the goal of strengthening ties between the school and the surrounding community.

“It’s a community gathering from the PTSA to the community of Robinson. So it’s always our mission to bridge the gap between schools and community, between parents, students, and administration,” Quinn said. “This is a chance for anybody, not just Robinson, but everybody who lives around here to come get together, enjoy like local vendors, food, support our student clubs.”

Individual clubs and organizations used the Winter Festival as a fundraiser but PTSA also used the opportunity to fundraise for the organization.

“Anything that we make … over and above our expenses for the event, go straight back into student programs at Robinson,” Quinn said.

The community witnessed a remarkable display of talent from the students of Tinker K-8 School and Robinson.  Tinker’s choir performance left the audience in awe. The melodic voices of the young singers resonated throughout the festival, setting the tone for a heartwarming celebration. Robinson’s very own Thespian Troupe #2660 added a touch of drama and entertainment with a captivating performance that showcased their dedication and passion for the arts.

The Winter Festival’s musical ensemble was kicked off with Robinson’s very own orchestra and band. They filled the crisp winter air with harmonious melodies. The talented young musicians brought the festival to life, creating a festive atmosphere that had attendees tapping their feet and humming along to familiar tunes.

The community came out in full force, with both school, local residents and vendors’s  joining the festivities. The Winter Festival served as a gathering point for friends and neighbors, fostering a sense of togetherness that embodies the true spirit of the holiday season.

The success of the event was not only measured by the number of attendees but also by the smiles on their faces and the shared moments of joy that will be cherished in the memories of all who participated.

Overall the Winter Festival of 2023 was an overwhelming success, bringing together the community in a celebration of joy, unity, and holiday spirit. From the lively vendors and food trucks to the captivating performances by the local schools and clubs, the event was a testament to the collective effort of the community to create a memorable and festive experience.