The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

A Glimpse into the Fashion Future of 2024

Elevate your wardrobe with returning fashion trends
+Scrolling+through+fashion+trends+on+Pinterest+for+this+years+inspiration.
Photo Sophie Le
Scrolling through fashion trends on Pinterest for this years’ inspiration.

Fashion trends are known for notoriously fazing in and out every couple of years. This year you may be wondering what trends to try out and invest in. Thankfully I’ve spent countless hours scrolling on Pinterest to present you with my top list of upcoming crazes to consider.

Lace

Timeless, classy, and versatile. Lace can be styled in several different ways including in tops, skirts and so much more.

Leopard/Cheetah print

These iconic prints never go out of style but will be making a huge comeback this year. Some people consider it a timeless pattern, while others find it difficult to style. Nonetheless, I’ve seen this bold print in many different clothing pieces that are on their way to becoming trendy without a doubt.

Chunky jewelry

Minimalistic jewelry is down the drain this year and will be replaced by maximalist pieces. I’m talking chunky jewelry including Italian charm bracelets, bangles, pendants and anything personalized.

Hyper-femininity

The bow trend has taken over the world and that girly aesthetic isn’t over yet. The widespread trend is based on the return of girlhood into fashion. It can be styled through ballet flats, frilly socks and obviously hair ribbons.

Personalized oversized bags

With the out of flashy logos, we can still have our bags stand out through personalization. Inspired by the icon Jane Birken and her customized Birken bag, personalization is coming back into style. However, we can create a lower-cost alternative to the Birken bag by decorating any medium to large leather bag with lace, ribbons and charms.  Treat this like jewelry for your bag and have fun making it your own!

If you don’t want to spend big bills on expensive clothing, there are still ways to explore these trends. For example, I recommend shopping at thrift stores for diverse selections of pieces. They have any style imaginable and no doubt the trends on my list. In addition, most of these crazes have been popular years ago so you could even try shopping in your parents’ closet! They are sure to have stylish garments that are vintage and also free!