Jasmyn Mitchner (26) jukes two girls before making her touchdown.
Flag Football
Flag Football Defends Home Territory Against Tampa Catholic
Yesenia Rosario and Keirra McGoldrickMay 3, 2024
Jojo Siwas viral new song release, Karma playing on Spotify.
Pop Culture Has Ruined the Idea of Karma
Anika Sanka, Features Editor • May 3, 2024
Charlotte Stone senior photo.
ISSUE 4: Senior Letter - Charlotte Stone
Charlotte Stone, Co-Editor-In-Chief • May 3, 2024

ISSUE 1: MidKnight Snacks: Graveyard Cupcakes

A spooktacular treat that will raise spirits and satisfy sweet cravings. Create a hauntingly delicious treat for Halloween and beyond.
Ghoulish+graveyard+cupcakes+are+the+perfect+treat+for+the+Halloween+season.+
Photo Whittaley Bowden
Ghoulish graveyard cupcakes are the perfect treat for the Halloween season.

With the Halloween season approaching fast, graveyard cupcakes are a spooky and delicious treat perfect for Halloween or any occasion where you want to add a hint of eerie fun to your dessert table. These delightful confections feature chocolate, gummy worms and candy tombstones. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or simply looking to surprise your friends and family with a treat that combines the macabre with the sweet, these will be a fan favorite.

Vanilla Cupcakes:

Ingredients:

• 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 egg whites (room temperature)
  • 1tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (room temperature)
  • 1/2 cup whole milk

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake papers in a cupcake pan.
  2. Sift the flour, sugar, salt baking soda and powder into a large bowl, and whisk together.
  3. Separate the eggs.
  4. In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients until combined. (Batter may turn out clumpy which is okay)
  5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
  6. Distribute cupcake batter evenly into cupcake wrappers, fill each paper about 2/3 of the way up.
  7. Bake for about 18 minutes or until the centers are springy to the touch.

Chocolate Cupcakes:

Ingredients:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup of hot milk
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup of hot coffee
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside.
  2. Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl or a standing mixer.
  3. Add the remaining cupcake ingredients to the dry ingredients.
  4. You can whisk the wet ingredients together before hand or simply dump them all in and then mix. Begin mixing on low to prevent spillage.
  5. Mix the batter for 1-2 minutes on medium speed (the batter will be very thin, mix on low speed to avoid splashing).
  6. Scoop or pour the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup no move than 2/3 of the way full.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes are puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes completely.

Frosting

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 lb unsalted butter
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp heavy cream
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 1 tsp whole milk

Instructions:

1. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the room temperature butter.
  2. Add in the confectioners’ sugar in two batches.
  3. Add salt, milk, cream and vanilla then mix until fluffy.

Instructions for Assembling:

1. Arrange the cupcakes in 4 rows on a large serving plate or cutting board.  Spread the frosting over the whole rectangle so it looks like one cake. Sprinkle with the cake crumbs and decorating sugar.
  2. To make the tombstones: Use the Biscoff cookies and them cover in icing. Use a piping bag with a small round tip to write “RIP” or other one-word phrases on the top half of the cookies and stick them into the cupcakes randomly around the graveyard.

This Halloween recipe is an absolute delight. The process of bringing together eerie and delicious elements, like tombstone-shaped cookies and chocolate “dirt,” is both creative and engaging; sharing these ghoulishly delightful creations with friends and family adds to the festive spirit. I would definitely make this recipe again for the sheer joy of embracing Halloween, letting the creativity flow, and savoring the delicious results.