Tampa Bay AirFest logo.
A&E
Tampa Bay AirFest Returns for the Last Time in at Least Three Years
Winter Carbajal, Staff Writer • March 28, 2024
Ava Kirkland (26) performs competition routine at Durant High School.
Starlets Swing to Stardom
Malia Rodriguez, Senior Staff Writer • March 28, 2024
Lakeem Johnson (24) training during track season.
Q&A With Track Co-Captain Lakeem Johnson
Anika Sanka, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

A Helping Hand

Photo Holly Bogdahn

If you haven’t heard the buzz about the unique service project sponsored by our art teacher Mary Wilson supporting juvenile diabetes awareness, here’s your chance to get involved and even earn a few service hours.  The collage-like concept being implemented consists of hands decorated and arranged in a circle around a globe with a quote that inspires us to support those affected by the disease.

“I came up with the idea of having as many kids as possible try to express themselves on their hands,” Wilson explained eagerly to the Robinson newspaper staff as well as her classes in order to recruit as many young artists as possible.

Wilson invited a group of children affected by diabetes and their families to her home to create their own hands to place on the canvas and give them an artistic outlet.

“Some of the kids were under the age of seven, so very young; it was touching. You really got to see the disease and how it plays out in their families.”

Any student that would like to contribute is encouraged; trace your left hand on white paper, decorate with sharpie, and drop it off at the front office. Help us support this worthy cause and lend a hand to find the cure for juvenile diabetes.