The Next Thing You Know, The Yearbook Is Here

Students can pick up their yearbooks beginning Tuesday, May 9.

Makayla+Canino+%2823%29+focus+at+the+computer+screen+as+she+works+on+the+2023+yearbook+at+Camp+Orlando+last+summer.+

Photo Courtesy of Jack Poynor

Makayla Canino (’23) focus at the computer screen as she works on the 2023 yearbook at Camp Orlando last summer.

Cecilia Cheng, A&E Editor

As the school year comes to an end, the Robinson Excalibur Yearbook staff has announced the release of the 2022-2023 yearbook.

“The theme of this year’s yearbook is called “Next Thing You Know” and it’s all about the ups and downs of this year,” Yearbook Editor-In-Chief Makayla Canino (’23) said. “[It’s about] how each time we hit a wall (we often hit a lot), we somehow pick ourselves back up and keep going. We found the name because one of our staffers was singing “Apple Bottom Jeans” and I thought the line “next thing you know” was fitting, so thanks Flo Rida and T-Pain.”

Seniors will have the opportunity to be the first to pick up their yearbooks on Tuesday, May 9. The following day, Wednesday, May 10, all other students will be able to pick up their yearbooks. Pickups will happen during all lunches in the patio area, outside the band room.

IB seniors are welcome to come on campus on either day to retrieve their books. Yearbooks for IB seniors that are not picked up within that week will be given to IB Coordinator Eduardo Escudero and delivered to Saint Patrick Catholic Church.

After distribution day, all yearbooks would have to be picked up in Room 250, where pickups will be available only during passing periods up until the last day of school on Friday, May 26.

The 2023 yearbook is currently sold out, but the waitlist is still open on the Robinson website.  If additional copies are available after distribution day, waitlisted customers will be contacted and must bring $100 cash to Room 250.

The yearbook will feature various sections covering sports, students, as well as events that took place during this school year, highlighting the aspects of our school that make Robinson unique.

“I think you should get the yearbook because it’s cool to see how many times you’re in the yearbook. It’s cool to see our work and you can get it signed by your favorite teachers,” Senior Staffer Stefany Moreira (’25) said. “It’s just nice to have one for every year of high school, it’s kinda like a time capsule.”