Senior night ends sour as Robinson loses to Bayshore

In the midst of a heavy rainstorm, Robinson lost to the Bayshore Bruins 17-14.

Photo Nicole Perdigon

Jay Sawyer (’22) watches the Bayshore offense before the snap.

Jack Kirk, Sports Editor

On a night of celebrations in honor of the seniors on the Robinson football team, the Knights went against the Bayshore Bruins amidst tropical storm-like conditions. In a game full of rushing attempts, the Bruins escaped the night with a 17-14 victory over the Knights.

Both teams struggled to hold on to the ball, as there were multiple turnovers, with both teams losing a fumble each and linebacker Louis Kirchgessner (’20) grabbing an interception.

Due to the heavy rain conditions, Robinson did not pass the ball much, choosing to run the ball for the majority of the game. Quarterback Rickeem Parks (’22) did not earn any yards passing, but had 38 yards rushing with a rushing touchdown.

Quarterback Kyle Muffoletto (’21) started the entire first quarter, but failed to get much going, also not completing a pass. Parks relieved him in the second quarter, but Robinson failed to put up any points in the first half while giving up a touchdown and a field goal going into the second half.

To start the second half, receiver Jay Sawyer (’22) scored the Knights’ first points as he returned the initial kickoff to Bayshore’s endzone for a touchdown. Kicker Carson Bay (’21) scored the extra point and cut the deficit to 10-7.

The Robinson defense failed to stop the Bruins from scoring again, going down 17-7 heading into the fourth quarter. The Knights scored another touchdown, but could not complete the comeback and the scoreboard read 17-14 in favor of Bayshore when the clock hit zero.

Following this defeat, the Knights have fallen to a 3-5 record overall and a 2-2 district record. With two games left on the schedule, the Knights will look to regroup and aim for their second consecutive 5-5 season.

The Robinson Knights play the Chamberlain Chiefs on Friday, October 25 at Chamberlain High school (9401 N Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612).