This Week, Rainy Night Comes With A Win

Bailey Adams, Sports Editor

The Robinson Knights endured another soaking wet night on Friday, but this time they came away with their first victory of the season. After starting the year 0-4 against some of the best teams in the area, the Knights took down Leto by a score of 35-6 at Falcon Stadium.

“It’s always nice to get a win after starting super slow,” said coach Shawn Taylor. “We have a lot to get better on this week before Lennard.”

Robinson scored on their first possession of the game, ending a 58-yard drive with a 3-yard touchdown run by sophomore Anfernee Alston. Alston then took advantage of a Leto miscue on the ensuing kickoff as he scooped up a loose fumble and returned it 28 yards to put the Knights on top 14-0. He later scored again on a 30-yard run before eventually finishing the night with 182 all-purpose yards and 3 total touchdowns.

Senior Dakarai Reynolds added  a touchdown of his own in the first half, scoring from 4 yards out for his first rushing touchdown of the year.

Early on in the third quarter, Malik Tyson found Travis Forehand in the end zone for a 26-yard touchdown, extending the Knights’ lead to 35-0.  Leto broke the shutout in the third quarter when Micah Davis recovered a fumble and returned it 45 yards for a touchdown.

Robinson (1-4) will next face the Lennard Longhorns (4-1) on Thursday night at home. The game is scheduled to kick off at 7:00.