Preview: Chamberlain at Robinson

Bailey Adams, Sports Editor

Coming off of a 39-17 win at King last week, Robinson plays host to the 2-5 Chamberlain Chiefs this Friday. The Knights are looking to finish strong over the final three weeks of the season with games against Chamberlain, Blake and Hillsborough.

REWIND: The Knights and Chiefs met in a defensive struggle in 2013, with Robinson coming out on top with a 13-12 win on the road. Jahrvis Davenport (’15) caught four passes for 48 yards and a touchdown while Damon Willis (’15) picked up five total tackles, including one sack.

PLAYERS TO WATCH (Chamberlain):

DJ Daniels- In the first six games of the season, the senior free safety (who also plays wide receiver) picked up 49 total tackles (33 solo), including three tackles for loss. Though the Chiefs’ offense has struggled throughout the year, he also remains a viable threat in the passing game.

Danzell Rolle- Rolle also put together an impressive first six games, racking up 54 total tackles (32 solo). As a linebacker, he will have the task of stopping a Knights rushing attack that ran for

339 yards last week.

PLAYERS TO WATCH (Robinson):

Anfernee Alston (’17)- The sophomore remains a player to watch all season as he looks to be the running back of the future for the Knights. Last week, he ran for 217 yards and two touchdowns on 37 carries and enters this week as the team’s leading rusher. Though he likely will continue to split carries with other backs for the rest of the year, he will undoubtedly be the team’s top running back heading into the 2015 season.

Iyan Mitchell (’16)- With Jahrvis Davenport out last week, the junior wide receiver again showed why the Knights’ passing game has the potential to be better next year. Last week at King, Mitchell caught three passes for 56 yards and a touchdown. Robinson’s powerful rushing attack can open up opportunities for the passing game this week against a Chamberlain defense that has allowed an average of 22 points per game in 2014.

Kickoff for this district matchup is set for 7:30 at Jack Peters Field (6311 S Lois Ave, Tampa, FL 33616).