Spring Sports Update: 4/11-4/15

Photo Isabel Hanewicz

Cassidy Renninger (’18) allowed no earned runs on four hits in Thursday’s district final. Her two-run home run in the first inning gave Robinson a 2-0 lead.

Bailey Adams, Sports Editor

Baseball

The Knights (14-8) started the last week of the regular season with a 3-0 loss on Tuesday at Riverview, with two home runs by the Sharks proving to be the difference. Robinson will wrap up the regular season on Friday at Newsome.

Softball

Robinson (16-9) routed Blake on Tuesday night by a score of 13-2, advancing to Thursday’s district final. On Thursday night, the Lady Knights beat Jefferson 8-1, winning their third straight district championship and their fourth in the last five years. They will host River Ridge (16-9) in the first round of regionals on Wednesday night at 7 p.m.

Girls Tennis

Robinson’s first ever trip to states ended on Monday in the quarterfinals as the team fell to Lemon Bay by a score of 4-2. The team’s two wins came from Bianca Dyer (’16) in no. 3 singles and Catherine Liu (’19) in no. 5 singles.

Boys Track

The 3A-9 District Championship was held at Gaither High School on Tuesday. Competitors who placed in the top four in their event and move on to the regional championships at Charlotte High School Thursday, April 28, are listed as follows: Dannys Marrero (’16), second in the 1600m run with a 4:40.07; Daniel McIntosh (’19), second in the 3200m run with a 10:37.65; Keldric Preston (’16), first in the shot put with a 46-11.00 and second in the discus with a 121-11.00; and Michael Mack (’16), fourth in the discus with a 114-03.00.

Girls Track

The 3A-9 District Championship was held at Gaither High School on Tuesday. Competitors who placed in the top four in their event and move on to the regional championships at Charlotte High School Thursday, April 28, are listed as follows: the girls 4x800m relay, first with a 10:10.84; the girls 4×400 relay, fourth with a 4:26.90; Vivika Sheppard (’18), second in the 800m run with a 2:28.70; April Ryckman (’17), first in the 400m dash with a 1:00.13; and Claire Casper (’17), third in the pole vault with a 8-06.00.

Flag Football

On Monday, the Knights, ranked no. 1 in 1A, shut out Spoto on senior night by a score of 46-0. With the win, Robinson improves to 10-1 and will look to finish the regular season strong on Monday night at Alonso, ranked no. 3 in 2A.