Robinson’s Top Ranked

Morgan Deak, Staff Writer

Aaliyah Gordon, an accomplished Robinson athlete, is the valedictorian for the traditional class of 2014. Playing five sports and being involved in a wide range of clubs and activities, Gordon relies heavily on her time management skills.

Gordon’s ambition on the field and in the classroom proves to be a testament to her character. She explained that at the end of the day her efforts in school and in sports were for self-enrichment.

“My goal was never to be valedictorian,” said Gordon. “I just came into high school knowing that I was going to do everything in my power to get the best education for myself.”

Kevin Mutchnick is the I.B. valedictorian for the class of 2014. Contrary to Gordon, Mutchnick has been preparing to be the top of his class since middle school.

“When I was in eighth grade I decided that I wanted to be first in my class, so I began taking high school classes online to get a jump start on my GPA,” said Mutchnick.

Even though Mutchnick has been working hard to achieve his goal for the past five years, he felt that there was no room for complacency.

“Believe it or not, the competition between I.B. seniors was very intense,” said Mutchnick. “I always felt like being valedictorian was in jeopardy because so many other students were fighting for it.”

Ross Brown is the traditional salutatorian for the senior class and a district champion varsity swimmer.

“I really didn’t expect it,” said Brown. “I just did my best, managed my time well and it paid off.”

I.B. salutatorian, Isha Sharma, juggled her academics with her involvement in extracurricular activities.

“I have done several classes through Florida Virtual School and I have been involved in dual enrollment. Along with all of that, I volunteer and I am a member of multiple orchestras,” said Sharma. “The key is prioritizing and making time for what’s important.”