Knights and Panthers unite to honor service members

Robinson band shares the stage with Plant for Veterans day concert.

Drum major Bryce Buckland (’18) leads the band.

Morgan Brazier, Staff Writer

The Robinson High school band is holding their annual veteran’s day concert Thursday, Nov. 9, and this year the concert will have a special twist. The band will be sharing the stage with the Plant High School band.

Plant’s auditorium is in need of repair and the band was not able to hold their concert at their school. Robinson’s band offered their auditorium to the panthers so that they can still perform their fall music.

Although Robinson and Plant are rivalry schools, when it comes to the band, there is a mutual respect between the two. While a joint concert with Plant is not new for Robinson, and happens rather often, Robinson band members are excited to see what Plant’s bands is like and how they play.

“Its always good in band world to see other bands play, to hear what they sound like, and it’s always a supportive environment with Plant,” said Christopher Revett, Robinson band director.

The band students seem to share Revett’s enthusiasm about the joint concert and most of them feel that it will be a good opportunity to learn from the other band’s performance.

“I’m pretty confident that we’ll put on a good show, it’s a joint concert with Plant so that should be a fun experience to kind of get to play with them,” drum major Bryce Buckland (’18) said.

The concert will honor and recognize active service members and veterans with the songs of the respective branches, and all of the band students will play the armed forces medley “Salute to America’s Finest”.

“[The Veterans day concert] is something to help not only improve our playing, but shows our credibility toward the military and shows our appreciation,” band member Dillon Williams (’18) said.

Doors open at 6:00 p.m., and the concert will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the saxophones playing the Star Spangled Banner. There is a $5 admission charge. There are two lines to get into the concert. You must go into the Robinson line if you would like your admission charge to go to the Robinson band.