The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Lakeem Johnson (24) running the relay on Senior Night.
Sports
New Record is Scored and Best is Set All At States
Jordan De La Cruz, Sports Editor • June 3, 2024
Cover of Billie Eilishs fourth album, Hit Me Hard and Soft.
"Hit Me Hard and Soft" Hit Me Like a Bus
Yesenia Rosario, Co-Editor-in-Chief • May 23, 2024
Varsity Flag Football team celebrating after winning the States Championship.
Knights Skew Jaguar Meat During States Game
Jordan De La Cruz, Incoming Sports Writer • May 20, 2024
Darius Walsh (24) riding on his friends shoulders clutching his yearbook during the senior clap-out.
So Long Seniors
Ashlyn Miller, Co Editor-In-Chief • May 20, 2024

Robinson’s Troupe 2660 Brought “Broadway Knights” To The House

Robinson’s Theatre Troupe Performed Their Annual Spring Performance
Photo Annabelle Bulger
Troupe 2660 closes the show with the opening scene from “Camelot”

Robinson’s Troupe 2660 performed their final performance of the year, “Broadway Knights,” April 17 through 18. Combining the theatre classes and club, the show was a display of the troupe’s talent, hard work, and passion for their art.

The show consisted of medley of various songs from different musicals which included “Agony” from Into The Woods, “Circus” from I Could Use A Drink, “Rewrite The Stars” from The Greatest Show and “Ex-Wives” from SIX. With soon-to-be former theatre director Maureen Pelamati introducing each number, the show kept the audience’s interest while showing off the skills and talent of the entire troupe.

Having been the theatre director for 11 years, Pelamati has diligently overseen each yearly performance for the troupe and made “Broadway Knights” into the annual occurrence it is, this year was the tenth year in a row it was performed.

“It is a tradition, normally we do the show in the fall, we usually do it around the same time we are preparing for the individual events competition,” Pelamati said.

Due to ongoing construction in the auditorium, “Broadway Knights” was delayed for a semester, but it didn’t stop the troupe from working through it under Pelamati’s watch.

“My favorite part about it is it was much easier than doing a full-blown spring musical like we did with RENT! or Pippin like we did in the past,” she said.

Raine Mitchell (’26) performed two duets, a solo, a small group number and two big group numbers in the show.

“My favorite part [of being in the show] was being able to do the thing I love with a group of people that I love working together to create something super cool and silly,” Mitchell said.

The troupe’s passion for theatre certainly shined throughout the show; from belting solos to the small interactions between the ensemble, the troupe spent meticulous hours working on each little part of the show.

Jules Narvarte (’26) helped teach the choreography for “Magic To Do”, gave notes during tech week, and attended closing night to give her support.

“My favorite number was “Circus,” Narvarte said. “I really loved the way it was executed, and I felt like the character and staging choices were set up in a fitting manner.”

Narvarte, despite not being involved in the production personally, witnessed the troupe’s hard work and the strenuous rehearsal schedule that went with putting on a show of this size.

“There were rehearsals every week, as well as whatever individual practice people put in,” they said. “Even though there were some technical struggles with the sound system and backstage stage, we were ultimately able to pull it off. Even though I wasn’t as involved in this production, I really loved watching everyone who put in the effort reap the rewards.”

While the troupe can celebrate a triumph year in performances and growth, they do have to mourn the loss of Pelamati retiring as theatre director. Having been the director for so long, her presence will be missed at the classes and in the troupe.

“I will really like teaching theatre classes,” she said. “It’s really nice to have theatre in the middle of the day, it’s a lot of work to stay after school and rehearsing and putting on shows, so I really enjoy doing what we do during class time.”

The show was an amazing end to the troupe’s year and a true testament to their hard work throughout the year. Troupe 2660 will not be performing again until next year, so be sure to keep a look out for their next performance.