Robinson football goes 4-0 following game against Booker

Game against Booker ups the Knights’ winning streak

Photo Zoe McIntyre

The Robinson Knights charge the football during the game against Booker, sporting pink socks and cleats for Pink Out for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Hanna Malone, Sports Editor

On Friday, Oct. 2, the varsity football team lined up on the field at 7:15 P.M. to play their fourth conference game of the season against the Booker High School Tornadoes. The Knights had a reputation to uphold: a winning streak of 3-0 that proved they had bettered themselves as a team since last year’s season. By the end of the game, another win was added onto the Knights’ overall standing, as they won 29-7, with Booker scoring their only touchdown in the fourth and final quarter.

This win was fundamental in moving up the team’s overall ranking. Robinson’s national rank now sits at 3318, meaning that they moved up 1896 spots. They are currently ranked 235 in the state of Florida, 57 in Tampa and 33 in Florida Division 5A.

The team’s defensive plays and connective team structure were key factors in the team’s success against Booker on Friday night.

“The most exciting part of the game had to be when I finally got my sack, something I’ve been working on for awhile now,” defensive lineman Tahj Hayden (’21) said. “Our defense was definitely the strongest it has been on Friday, and every week we click more and more. Now we just need to the same on our offense, and I feel like would improve from there.”

Working together to swarm the ball, the Knights went completely through every play given to them by coach Craig Everhart.

“During this game we flocked immediately and caused great turnovers due to the pressure we brought on the field,” corner-back Leviticus McAffee (’21) said. “Once that happened, well, we took over and controlled them [Booker] as we pleased.”