Tampa Bay AirFest logo.
A&E
Tampa Bay AirFest Returns for the Last Time in at Least Three Years
Winter Carbajal, Staff Writer • March 28, 2024
Ava Kirkland (26) performs competition routine at Durant High School.
Starlets Swing to Stardom
Malia Rodriguez, Senior Staff Writer • March 28, 2024
Lakeem Johnson (24) training during track season.
Q&A With Track Co-Captain Lakeem Johnson
Anika Sanka, Staff Writer • March 25, 2024

Knights Lose to Steinbrenner, 3-1

Hayden Jennewein dribbling past a Steinbrenner defender.
    Photo Justin Fontes

After their hard loss to Plant just four days earlier, the Robinson girls soccer team had to face off against a team ranked even higher than Plant, the Steinbrenner Warriors.

This non-district game was a non-stop battle the entire length of the game.

After many brutal drives, the first and second goals both came from the Warriors, but the Knights were not giving up just yet.

It was senior captain Claire Rothschild’s first game back from a torn A.C.L. injury, so the Knights on the bench stood up and clapped as she subbed off.

The possession went back and forth, and soon-enough the Knights produced a goal scored by Hayden Jennewein (’15), one of the captains, who was assisted by Megan Bohan (’16).

At half-time, the Knights had their senior night, which included three seniors, hands full of flowers and big smiles across their faces.  Many of the parents and fans said that it was a very enjoyable ceremony.

The girls started off strong in the second half.  It was so close that there was no goals for awhile.

Eventually Steinbrenner scored for a third time, so Coach Helms subbed in the starters to try to finish off the game strong.

Since the girls Knights soccer team is ranked number one in their district, their next game will be held at Robinson on Friday, Jan. 17.