MidKnight Snack: S’mores Dip

This warm chocolate s’mores dip is just what you need to make it through this cold weather

Photo Julia Guillermo

MidKnight Snacks: S’mores dip

Julia Guillermo, Staff Writer

The weather in Tampa has surprised many Floridians the last few weeks, as the forecast predicted temperatures below 50 degrees. Many individuals in the Tampa area did not expect to experience such cold weather as they welcomed the new year.

As I walked around campus during the last few days everyone was bundled up in the warm clothes. However, there were some brave souls who bared the cold with shorts and a T-shirt, but despite rocking the “Florida-look” they were certainly running to find warmth.

With this weather people are bringing out their fire pits and warm fuzzy blankets, so I thought it was only fitting, if I made a dessert that not only tasted delicious, but also brought the feeling of warmth to homes during this cold season.

Ingredients:

• Chocolate (any of your choice)
  • S’mores
  • Graham Crackers

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Place your chocolate into a cast iron skillet
  3. Cut s’mores in half and add them on top of the chocolate
  4. Place in oven until golden brown or to your desired liking
  5. Set out on the counter with graham crackers or other dipping foods of your choice

Review:

You just can’t go wrong with this 3 simple ingredient dessert! Not only is it easy to make, but it is also an enjoyable dessert for everyone who loves s’mores. It is also an alternative for those who do not have a fire pit at home or you just want an easier way to roast s’mores! As Floridians are getting through the cold, this toasty chocolate s’mores dip will be just the remedy to keep you warm!