Pieces to start off your summer wardrobe

RHSToday gives insight into some summer pieces for the season.

Photo Reformation

One of the tops included in the article.

Ella Wertz, News Editor

Summer is around the corner which means that it is time for a whole new wardrobe. Summer fashion allows students to express themselves in a way that they never could at school. The styles of this season include so many bright colors and fun pieces that are perfect for anyone. RHSToday has selected a few cute and summery pieces to get your summer closet started.

• Tops:
  • This dainty blue top from Princess Polly is perfect for summer. It balances very classic details, like the buttons and the peasant style sleeves, with more modern touches, like the hole in the neck of the shirt and its cropped style. This top would be perfect paired with jean shorts or a basic skirt for any summer activity.

• This floral tank top from Reformation is another perfect piece for summer. The top has a very flattering square neck line and incorporates a smocked bodice. The shirt is looser at the top and then tightens as it goes down to make your waist and stomach look smaller. This top would be perfect paired with jean shorts or looser pants to contrast from the tight fit of the top.

• Blouses are the perfect summer tops. This white Billabong blouse blends is a summer must have. This simple cropped piece could be paired with anything from printed to brightly colored pants. The shirt’s light material makes it perfect for facing the heat of the summer. This square neckline and peasant sleeves of this top gives the blouse a very classic and timeless look.

• Pants/Skirts/Shorts:
  • Lulus’s blood orange skirt is a super cute piece to pair with any simple summer top. This skirt incorporates polka dots and little detailing at each of the hem lines to add a cute summery flare. This loose skirt would look best paired with a smaller top. Its high waisted style is super flattering.

• These Princess Polly pants are perfect for the beach. These linen looking, straight legged pants give off beach vibes. These pants would be perfect with a small cropped tank top of just a bikini top if you were at the beach. The tie and button cinch the waistline of the pants making them a very flattering piece.

• Urban Outfitter’s basic jean shorts are a must-have for summer. These shorts would go with any top and are perfect for literally any activity, a trip to the beach, a day on the boat, or lunch with friends. The was of the shorts is completely up to you. I liked the lighter wash because it gave off more of a summery feel. The cut off style of the shorts is super cool and flattering.

• Dresses:
  • Dresses are the perfect pieces to look cute and stay cool in the summer. This Princess Polly yellow floral dress is perfect for summer. Not only are florals are huge in the summer, the color yellow also reflects summer as a whole. This dress has a classic square neck making it a vey flattering cut. The small slit on the dress adds a bit of personality to the dress.

• This floral dress from Urban Outfitters is a very bright and colorful piece that would add a lot to you summer wardrobe. This dress has thicker straps and expands as it gets longer. This looser fit is a perfect addition to a carefree summer look.

•  PacSun’s yellow dress is so simple and elegant. This dress has a mix between a scoop and square neckline giving the dress an interesting cut. The color yellow is such a summer statement color making this the perfect dress. This dress is very flattering and looks so comfortable and perfect for a dinner at the beach.

Summer is the perfect time to expand your wardrobe and incorporate pieces that are completely out of you comfort zone. These summer pieces will add a lot to your wardrobe and help you make a fashionable statement this summer.