Activities To Do On Valentine’s Day When You’re Single

If you’re single on Valentine’s Day, but still want to celebrate, here is a list of fun activities you can do.

Photo Julia Guillermo

Activities to do on Valentine’s Day as a single person.

Julia Guillermo, Staff Writer

Valentine’s Day is almost here, which means love is in the air!

High school couples are figuring out what to do for their significant others, while other individuals are hoping their crush will hopefully ask them to be their Valentines. As for the single individuals out there, this holiday may not be the most exciting to celebrate, as it’s a constant reminder of how alone they really are.

But wanting to have a Valentine is honestly overrated because people have created this perception that this holiday is only for non-single people. Valentine’s day should be enjoyable for everyone. We need to destigmatize the notion that those who don’t have a date or significant other are unable to participate. In fact, Valentine’s day is for you to appreciate your loved ones regardless of your relationship status. If you are single but don’t want to waste another Valentine sulking around, here is a list of fun activities you can do by yourself or with a group of friends!

Picnic with friends

If you love food and spending quality time with your friends, this is a great Valentine’s Day activity for you! This is a super fun and cute idea that anyone could do! Not only is it easy to plan, but it’s also affordable. The nice thing about this idea is you can get as creative as you want! You can choose the location, time, and place based on your own preferences. It is totally up to you!!

Some essentials you may want to consider bringing to spice up your picnic are a cute throw blanket, flowers and a wooden picnic basket for all your delicious treats! However, a picnic isn’t a picnic without food, so if you are looking for food items to eat, here is a list of suggested foods you can bring.

• Sandwiches
  • Pizza
  • Salad
  • Cheese and cracker platter
  • Fruit tray
  • Veggie tray
  • Dip of your choice
  • Chocolate covered strawberries

However, If you don’t want to take the time to prepare food, you can always choose the to-go option. Here is a list of takeout options around the Tampa area that would be perfect to bring on your picnic:

• Domino’s
  • Fresh Kitchen
  • Grain and Berry
  • Pub Subs
  • Tropical Smoothie

DIY Spa Day

This activity requires a little more time and effort, but trust me it will be worth all the energy! This activity not only is a way for you to relax but it can also be done in your own home. This activity is great if you’re looking to stay in for the night, but want something to do! An important note to make is to try and make it simple, so you can genuinely enjoy yourself.

You will need a few essentials for the activity, but you can always add your own personal touches. You can be as flexible as you’d like with this activity and it can be done at any time throughout the day. If you don’t know where to start here are a few steps to help guide you:

1. Stage the evening (use candles, essential oils, rose petals, etc.)
  2. Choose products you prefer (face/hair mask, moisturizer, bath bombs, etc.)
  3. Relax in a steamy tub or shower
  4. Get in your most comfortable clothes

Bake A Sweet Treat

Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to eat as many sweets as you want, which is why baking is the perfect way to indulge in all your favorite delicious treats! Baking is a super simple, yet fun idea that anyone would enjoy! Whether or not you’re the one baking the treat or the one eating it, everyone will be left satisfied! You can get as creative as you want with your treats or you could always go for the simple box brownie recipe. The best part about baking is you could eat away at your sorrows, while you think about all the couples out there who are enjoying their dessert with their partner.

Here are a few baked goods that have Valentine’s written all over it:

• Chocolate cake/cupcakes
  • Cheesecake
  • Brownies
  • Chocolate covered strawberries

Host a game night

You know what there is to love about Valentine’s Day is a little friendly competition, between all your other single friends! The best part about a game night is it will probably make you forget that you’re even single for the night, as you’re too occupied laughing and enjoying yourself! This activity also doesn’t take too much time to coordinate, which is why anyone could host it. Here are a few steps to having a successful Valentine’s game night right in your very own home:

1. Invite your single friends
  2. Choose the games (board games, Charades, Minute It To Win It, etc.)
  3. Have food/drinks (Pizza, soda, chips, dessert, etc.)