The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

A clip from the cinematic trailer used to announce the Sorry Im Outside Tour.
A&E
PARTYNEXTDOOR4 Is a Party In Itself
Jadyn Grayes, A&E and Multimedia Editor • May 5, 2024
Cover of Gracie Abrams new album cover The Secret of Us announced to release June 21.
Gracie Abrams unlocks her new album "THE SECRET OF US"
Sophie Le, Incoming Opinion Editor • May 5, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Top Seven Best Thanksgiving Foods to Include on Your Plate This Year

Get ready for the best Thanksgiving dinner with the most satisfying foods added to the menu
A+table+set+and+fill+with+food+ready+for+Thanksgiving.+
Photo Joanie Webster
A table set and fill with food ready for Thanksgiving.

With Thanksgiving being around the corner, aka one of the best holidays out there, it’s about time we throw out that old narrative of having dried-out turkey as the main course and spice up the menu this year. Here are seven of my top-listed Thanksgiving foods that’ll surely leave a sensational taste in your mouth.

7. Cinnamon Rolls 

Starting with the bottom of the barrel: cinnamon rolls. Not because they’re bad, but they’re highly underrated when it comes to holiday dinners. Thanksgiving especially. The soft and warm goodness of the cinnamon-covered dough, along with the perfect amount of glaze icing on top; what about that doesn’t scream a perfect Thanksgiving dessert?

6. Sweet Tea 

Forget about drinking apple cider this year, sweet tea is the way to go. Whether you make it yourself using an online recipe or run to your local Publix, a nice, tall glass of sweet tea is the best thing to drink after a huge meal.

5. Chicken Wings

I think I can speak for everyone when I say I’m sick how it became the “norm” to serve turkey on Thanksgiving. No matter how you cook it, no matter what seasonings you use for it, how long you marinate it for, it always comes out bland and dry. Thankfully, there’s another type of bird people seem to love: chicken. You can, fry it, bake it, throw it on the grill, you can never go wrong with chicken.

4. Greens 

Now for the people who are looking for a healthier option on their plate, I would highly recommend a serving of fresh greens. With the right amount of preparation along with a generous amount of seasoning, greens are the best way to slide in some veggies onto your plate.

3. Mashed Potatoes 

A Thanksgiving classic if I do say so myself. Especially if it’s homemade. No shade to those who eat the instant kind, but everything is just better from the heart. The creamy, rich and comforting feeling from eating a couple spoonfuls will always hit.

2. Bread Rolls

What’s a Thanksgiving dinner without some fresh bread rolls? Bread in general just the best savory thing to eat. The buttery, plush and insanely deliciousness of a bread roll is just so pleasuring. Absolutely the perfect side dish.

1. Mac and Cheese 

Last but surely not least, mac and cheese. The absolute must have of thanksgiving dinners. If you don’t have a huge tray of baked mac and cheese somewhere on the table, Thanksgiving might as well be canceled. Every year, it should come as no surprise that mac and cheese is the one dish that everyone’s gonna want to get their hands on, depending on who’s in the kitchen that day of course.

In conclusion, Thanksgiving is personal holiday. The day where can give thanks to the people around you, or you choose to celebrate long lived traditions with family. No matter how you decide to go about this Thanksgiving, be sure to bring extra napkins.