The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

College Boards launch of their new online exams.
Opinion
AP Exams Belong in the Digital Age
Anika Sanka, Features Editor • May 13, 2024
Promotional poster of Challengers
"Challengers" Changed My Life
Grace Shafer, A&E Editor • May 9, 2024
Action created by the media as a way of boycotting and bringing shame to a particular topic.
Dangers of Cancel Culture
Sophie Le, Opinion Editor • May 8, 2024
A clip from the cinematic trailer used to announce the Sorry Im Outside Tour.
PARTYNEXTDOOR4 Is a Party In Itself
Jadyn Grayes, A&E and Multimedia Editor • May 5, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Taylor Swift World Domination

Swift has replaced Bad Bunny as the world’s #1 artist
Photo Ryan Rolle
Taylor Swift on her Eras Tour.

It’s official. Spotify Wrapped has come this year, and Taylor Swift has been officially named Spotify’s Top Artist of 2023, taking Bad Bunny’s crown after three straight years.

Rolling Stone comments on her success overall this year. “Along with being the most-streamed artist on Spotify, Swift had several of the top-streamed albums. Globally, Midnights landed at No. 2 on the list behind Bad Bunny’s Un Verano Sin Ti while Lover made an appearance at the No. 7 slot on the ranking four years after it was first released.”

According to Billboard, her albums weren’t the only masterpieces hitting the charts. “On the song side of things, “Cruel Summer” and “Anti-Hero” were the sixth and 10th most streamed songs globally.” The world’s infatuation with Swift has been going on for quite a while, but surprisingly this is the first time in her career she’s reached #1 artist. According to Spotify’s newsroom, she has had 26.1 billion streams since January of this year.

Out of gratitude, Swift releases previously unreleased song, “You’re Losing Me,” as well as thanking her fans on her Instagram.

“I just wanted to anyone who listened to my music this year, anywhere in the world, thank you,” she said.

However, not everyone is happy about this new title though. Adriano Casamento (’26) admits that he believes Bad Bunny should’ve stayed #1.

“Bad bunny deserved the #1 Spotify artist spot over Taylor Swift to continue his 4-year streak. I think Taylor swift has been over hyped so incredibly and I personally think her fan base just ruined everything for her. Don’t get me wrong I think she has a great voice, but it doesn’t even compare to Bad Bunny,” he said. “Not to mention how every song by Taylor swift sounds the same. Bad Bunny taught me Spanish better than any teacher could, and he’s finally been getting the recognition in the past couple years that he deserves.”

While there are those who miss Bad Bunny’s reign, many still root for Taylor Swift’s new title.

“I do like Bad Bunny a lot as well, for the past three years now his songs have been at the top of my wrapped every year. However, this year specifically Taylor Swift has fully changed the music industry. For example, on her Eras tour she came out with Midnights (just before) and then Speak Now TV and 1989 TV,” Tara Kuklen (’24) said. “To add on, globally she is an icon, and she is an inspiration to everyone around the world. Not just in music but in being a better person and being a great businesswoman. So, I do think it was close because I do love bad bunny, but Taylor swift just fully blew everyone out of the water this year musically!”