A clip from the cinematic trailer used to announce the Sorry Im Outside Tour.
A&E
PARTYNEXTDOOR4 Is a Party In Itself
Jadyn Grayes, A&E and Multimedia Editor • May 5, 2024
Cover of Gracie Abrams new album cover The Secret of Us announced to release June 21.
Gracie Abrams unlocks her new album "THE SECRET OF US"
Sophie Le, Incoming Opinion Editor • May 5, 2024

10 Cute Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day

Celebrate the day of love with your special someone without hurting your pocket
Photo Mikesha Clarke
Cute Valentine’s Day gifts located at Burlington.

Love is in the air. People are roaming around with heart-filled eyes gathering up their flowers, chocolate, teddy bears and many other cute goodies for their sweethearts. If you’re planning on spoiling your lover this year, but don’t want to spend a whole bunch of money, here are some wholesome date ideas that won’t burn a hole in your bank account.

10. Baking Date

Nothing wins people over quicker than a sweet treat. You and your partner can share and create your favorite desserts to share together. Some of my favorite desserts to make are rainbow sprinkle cookies and snickerdoodles. We can’t possibly forget about the classic chocolate-covered strawberries.

9. Indoor Picnic 

Why go out and spend money on a nice dinner when you can make an even lovelier dinner in the comfort of your own home? It’ll be even more special since it was made with love.

8. Movie Marathon

Run to your nearest convenience store and stock up on your favorite snacks and candies, grab your favorite blanket and the perfect setting and choose your favorite genre. Whether you’re in the mood for comedy, romance, drama or even a mix of all three, it’ll always end in a great time. One of my favorite romance movies of all time is the 2021 film “Really Love,” a film about how an artist and a law student fall in love at first sight and have to go about their relationship while also trying to balance their careers. It’s a very heart-felt movie, 10/10 would recommend it to couples.

7. Going on Long Walks 

It’s a bit chilly outside, perfect time to grab your partner, take a long stroll and enjoy the nice, cool weather. Feel free to take pretty pictures of the things you see in nature.

6. Painting Date 

With the right confidence, technically anyone can be an artist. Grab some paper, canvases, and art supplies and try to make a DIY gift for one another. You two could play a game on who can paint the best portrait of each other.

5. Roller/Ice Skating Date 

Skating with your partner brings out such a vintage vibe. Just imagine rolling around in the rink with some funky music as you do all kinds of moves and try to impress one another. Be sure to grab your skates and skate the night away!

4. Café Date 

Want to feed into your caffeine addiction? A nice relaxing day in a café with your partner, sharing each other’s favorite drinks, is just the solution for you! For reference, there’s a cool café called First Watch with multiple locations around Tampa. They have all kinds of delicious beverages such as their Mint Mocha Iced Coffee and their Honey Caramel Crunch Iced Coffee. They also have some yummy food options such as their Chickichanga and their Elevated Egg Sandwich. It’s definitely an experience to share with your partner.

3. Thrift Store Date

This one is perfect for the fashionistas. You and your partner can go to the nearest thrift store and try to shop for matching clothing to fit both of your aesthetics. You two could try dressing each other in your own styles as well.

2. Bookstore Date 

Literature is one of my favorite forms of love. You and your partner can go to a local bookstore and read all your favorite book genres. Who knows? Maybe you guys might find each other relating to the characters.

1. Discovering A New Love Language

As you and your partner grow older together, you start to learn new things about one another. Take the day to learn how to share your love in new ways.

On a final note, now that you have some ideas, I hope you take and use them to be as creative as possible! Showing someone how much you love them never has to result in you making your pockets hurt. Sometimes it’s the little things that count.