Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

A Deep Dive into “Dune: Part Two”

Sequel to “Dune: Part One” is a thrilling success
Photo IMDb
Advertisement poster with main characters for new sequel movie “Dune: Part Two.”

Two hours and forty-six minutes of sci-fi greatness. “Dune: Part Two” incorporated breathtaking cinematography and new characters into a highly wanted sequel.

Director Denis Villeneuve has done it again and produced another spectacular masterpiece. Every scene took me into a sandy world of futuristic fantasy. The scaling of the shots emphasized the feeling of a worldview. It felt like I was an ordinary Freman walking through Arrakis.

The sounds only added more to the effect. Every scene included sound effects and music that made the watcher feel truly immersed in the movie. I definitely recommend seeing this movie in theaters rather than on streaming, as the quality of the big screen and sounds effects add to the entire experience.

The sequel of “Dune: Part One” brought exciting new characters to the original plot as well. Austin Butler, Florence Pugh and Léa Seydoux were just a few new additions to the movie. The acting in the movie was impeccable; I specifically enjoyed Austin Butler and Rebecca Ferguson’s performance. Butler portrayed Feyd Rautha’s violence well through his action-packed fighting scenes. Ferguson’s acting during the scene of drinking the water of life to become the reverend mother was emotionally enthralling. However, my favorite part of the new cast was the surprise appearance of one of my favorite actors in one scene.

Since I am an avid Zendaya lover, I am biased to say her character was my favorite. Zendaya’s portrayal of Chani displayed an inspiring representation of a strong-willed woman who stood up for what she believed in. I believe Zendaya was a perfect casting role for Chani and was executed well.

Although I wasn’t the biggest fan of the first Dune movie, this sequel elevated everything I liked about “Dune: Part One.” Since the sequel included more action-packed scenes, I found it to be more entertaining to watch. The final thirty minutes fulfilled the suspense building throughout the entire movie perfectly. The final scene cultivated Paul Atreides’s revenge on his father in the fight against Feyd Rautha.

The ending built the perfect setup for the third movie and I’m excited to see Villeneuve’s interpretation unfold in the next film.

View Comments (2)
$1210
$1500

Sophie Le
Sophie Le, Staff Writer
Sophie Le is a sophomore at Robinson, and a Staff Writer for Knight Writers. This is her first year on staff. Le joined journalism because she wanted to gain more writing experience. "I wanted to practice writing more, and I feel like this is a great opportunity to practice every week and write stories about things I like,” she said. Her goals for this year include many things involving social media and photography. "I wanted to practice writing and explore other areas of journalism." Le said. When not in class, Le is the Vice President of Congre, Social Media Manager of Knightmare and the secretary of Book Club. She chose these clubs because she wanted to be an active part of the school through the things she enjoys. "I chose French when I went to IB, book club because I love to read, I love seeing different genres and different books, and then Knightmare because I love school spirit and going to football games,” she said. Outside of school, Le's favorite extracurriculars are playing tennis, either on Robinson's varsity girl's team or on her club team, helping sew at her grandmother's alteration shop, along with shopping and thrifting. These help her calm down when stressed with her busy schedule, she explains how she enjoys making outfits. "I love shopping and thrifting, because it's my favorite hobby. It's so fun, I love putting together outfits." Le said. Le says she would like to continue in journalism throughout high school, with hopes of writing about current fashion. "I would love to write about fashion; I think definitely in the future that could be an interest." Le said. (Profile by Ryan Rolle)
$1210
$1500

• A

Anika SankaApr 26, 2024 at 8:48 am

This article is bananas! – Zoowee Blubberworth (California)

Reply
  • T

ThomasApr 21, 2024 at 9:39 pm

Awesome article! – Thomas P. (New York)

Reply