The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Twice Expresses Their Youth With Their New Mini Album “With YOU-th”

Girl group Twice releases their 13th mini album on Friday, Feb. 23 to share with their fans
TWICEs+With+You-th+photoshoot.+
Photo Billboard
TWICE’s “With You-th” photoshoot.

When you think of “girl power” or “sisterhood” what immediately comes to mind? For me, it would have to be the K-pop girl group, Twice. The nine members consisting of Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu have had an unbreakable bond since their debut in 2015. Recently, the girls have released their record-breaking 13th mini album “With YOU-th” to show listeners and their fanbase how much their friendship meant to them, to look back on their youthful years and how they’re always having fun while making music together.

Just hearing about Twice having a comeback makes me jump for joy. For all the nine years they’ve been around, they don’t have one bad song; each of their tracks gets a first-class ticket straight to my playlist. I absolutely adored this project. This album, in particular, has made such a beautiful improvement in their diskography with the change of sound, the groovy and flowy lyrics and the aesthetically pleasing melodies, absolutely out of this world.

My favorite part of the whole thing was definitely the visuals the girls gave. JYP usually doesn’t have its best when it comes to styling for their idols’ comebacks, but when it comes to Twice, chef’s kiss. Their outfits always seem to match the vibe of the album and I just find that so aesthetically pleasing. Since the album is about their close bonds with one another, the outfits almost gave me the idea that they were these nine little angels living on their own island away from reality. I would do anything to insert their styles into my everyday wardrobe.

“I Got You” is one of the most angelic Twice songs I’ve heard in my life. It sounds like something you would hear in a Disney movie during the falling climax. The lyrics explaining no matter what, they’ll always have each other’s back is so powerful and honestly important. To have such a close bond with the ones who love and appreciate you the most is always a heartwarming feeling.

“One Spark” was such a fun song to listen to. It almost sounded like their song “CHEER UP” which came out in 2016. Both the music video and the choreography were very entertaining to watch. The funky rhythm and chill lyrics, along with the beautiful vocals were just perfect. Especially when Nayeon hit that final note at the end of the song. I was in love.

Remember how I mentioned that there’s no such thing as an un-skippable Twice song? Well, “Rush” just proves my point. The way they managed to make a more relaxing song sound fun and like something to dance along to will always blow my mind. Listening to their voice flow along with the peaceful melodies was just amazing. I felt like I was being serenaded by Twice themselves the whole time.

“New New” is my favorite song on the album. Forever on repeat. It’s super catchy, vibey, and just all-around a great time. I even managed to make a cute little dance to it in my head. I’ve only known this song for less than a week now and I’m already willing to go to war for it.

“Bloom” is honestly such a cute song. I love how the girls combined their vocals to create different notes throughout the song. It’s very enjoyable and I can always turn to it whenever I need a breath of fresh air.

I absolutely adored “You Get Me.” It kind of gave the same vibes as “When We Were Kids” from their last album “BETWEEN 1&2.” It’s such a catchy song and it has a motivational beat to it to make you feel productive. The girls’ voices are so gorgeous throughout the song and I was just completely spellbound.

On a final note, “With YOU-th” left me completely blown away and impressed. The whole album is a very cohesive listening experience. Almost like Twice was telling their whole life story of being together as a group with each song. Despite them finding a new sound, they still managed to keep their energy perusing throughout the whole album, and I love it. It’s definitely an album you would have to experience firsthand and I would 100% recommend it to any first-time K-pop listeners.