Tips on how to prevent senioritis

Senioritis is a real thing. Prevent it before it is too late

Poster with inspirational words to get students motivated.

Lindsey Chadwick, Opinion Editor

Senioritis is described as when you get into your senior year, you start to lose the motivation to do work. Many seniors experience this because it is our last semester of high school ever. So, as the second semester approaches, I am here to give you some tips to how to prevent it. If you are already experiencing this feeling then, you can also follow these tips to get back on track.

Tip #1:

Write a list of everything that you need to get done on paper. This list makes you conscious of everything that is due. It is important to write it on paper that way you get that satisfaction of crossing it off once completed.

Tip #2:

Get a planner. This really helps me so I can write down the day my assignments are due. Or I can write what day I want to do them. By having a planner, you can also write everything you have going on which helps manage your time better.

Tip #3:

Do your work in small junks. Grind on your work for 30 minutes, then take a break for about 5 minutes. Repeat this cycle to give your brain pause from all the thinking. The only problem with taking these breaks is, once your break is up, you have to get back to work. Having self-discipline is key for this tip because if you don’t you will not be using your time wisely.

Tip #4:

Do stuff that you want to do. You might not feel motivated to do an work at all but, doing funs things with your friends relieves some stress. Sometimes if you stop thinking about your work for jut a second, you can get back on track.

Tip #5:

Ask for help. Use your resources that are there for you. A lot of teachers are more than willing to help if they can see you are actually putting in effort. Talk to your teachers after class, tell them what is going on. This will help you get better grades on your assignments because you will have a better understanding of what is going on.