Starlets pose on the stage at states.
Sports
Starlets Shine Bright at States
Anika Sanka, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Brady Capps (25) warming up as he prepares to catch the ball.
Capps Keeps His Eye on the Ball
Sofia Scott, Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Casa Azuls classic churros.
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Hattie Rowe Wins Best Support Staff Once Again

Rowe wins best support staff for the fifth time.
Hattie+Rowe+smiles+for+the+camera+while+working.+
Photo Brianna Yasis
Hattie Rowe smiles for the camera while working.

Veteran Lunch Lady Hattie Rowe wins best support person for the fifth time in the 21 years she’s been working at Robinson and in those years, she’s always strived to be the best at what she does and keeps a great work ethic.

Rowe had originally started as a manager at a nursing home, where she supervised and coordinated the other back-of-the-house staff. Soon, her old job started to overwhelm her to the point where she couldn’t continue anymore, but thanks to her friend who recommended her to check out school district jobs, Rowe started working for Robinson and has continued to serve the school as our lunch lady and as a production coordinator.

“I think she is Robinson and she is everything that you want in a staff worker and a family member, and she loves this community and is from this community,” Social Studies teacher Tomas Montero said.

Besides the teachers, one thing that has never failed to motivate her to get up and do her job with a smile on her face was the students at Robinson. Rowe sees her job as a lunch lady as a very important role for students’ growth. As students experience high school for four years with due dates coming and going every day, it can be hard for some of them. Rowe believes these students are the future of our world, they would need the ability to function properly to make it through high school, and she helps them do this by preparing the students’ food every day to keep their brain going.

Since she’s seen student after student develop and grow from adolescents to full-grown adults, she’s got a good grasp of what these teenagers go through every day. There is only one thing she can advise for these young students.

“Just keep striving and take it all in, and it’ll help you become a better adult,” Rowe said.