Say Yes to Yearbook

Jada Lupher, Guest Contributor

Every year students do the same thing: get up, go to school, study, and take tests. Though that is the whole reason you are going to school, 10 years down the line, you are not going to look back and reminisce about all the homework, projects, and burnout. What you are going to remember are all the fun times. Hanging out with friends, embarrassing stories, football games, homecoming, prom, the list is endless!

When you are rummaging through your closet one day you might come across the very time capsule of your high school experience; your yearbook. The yearbook is a physical documentation of everything that happened each school year. Regardless of where events took place, the year bookers work tirelessly to make sure everything is covered.

Every year this new book, different from the last, magically appears. Many people do not think about the behind-the-scenes of creating a yearbook, and it is a lot of work. All year a group of students dedicates time both during and after school to keep up with events, latest trends, and people around the school. Between writing, designing, and photography, the team is always looking for more people to bring new perspectives to creating an amazing book that people can cherish forever.

In yearbook, students get to collaborate with others and learn valuable social and technological skills that will help them advance in their careers in the future. In the classroom, you will have the opportunity to find what skill set fits you best through different creative opportunities. In yearbook you will learn how to design with the adobe suite, take photos with canon cameras, and strengthen your skills as an interviewer and storyteller.

Additionally, joining yearbook gives you an opportunity to get involved in the school community, and get premier access to various events around school. The team also works in various workshops throughout Florida to continue to strengthen our skills and learn from professionals about how to be better journalists. Whether you are a social butterfly or a shy bookworm, the yearbook can be for anyone, so do not let nerves get in the way of you trying something, because who knows, you might just love it.