Donate Blood, Help Save Three Lives

Photo Isabel Hanewicz

Flu shots will be available starting at 10:45 a.m. in the clinic for students who turned in a signed form.

Michelle Aros, Assistant News Editor

Today, October 29, and once more in April, students will be able to donate blood to those in need. The blood drive last from 8:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.

To be able to donate, students must meet an age requirement and have healthy blood acceptable to donate, as well as a pass and a form signed by the student’s parent or guardian. At the blood drive, a OneBlood employee will test student’s blood to make sure that the donor has the healthy amount of iron, blood pressure, temperature, and cholesterol so that the blood given is accessible to anyone who needs it.

OneBlood is a non-profit organization that is in charge of delivering healthy blood to many hospital patients in the Tampa Bay, Orlando, and Central Florida area. Blood donated from the blood drive will go to help those in the local community.

“You should do the blood drive because it goes to help people that are in need in the hospital and the amount of blood you give helps save three lives,” said Eric Vance (’17). “It always is good to help give to other people so know that there’s other people in other countries in need that need surgeries and blood for those surgeries so it’s good to help out.”