Yearbook senior ads

Photo RHSToday Staff

This is a featured image for news articles.

Nathalie Monroy, Staff Writer

The Excalibur yearbook staff extended the deadline for interested students and families to purchase senior ads to December 1.

“Our senior year is our last year, our best year…so for you to be able to look back and see how much you’ve grown and matured, that’s the great thing about a senior ad,” Lujain Bashir (’18), ads adviser for the yearbook, said.

As important as senior ads are to students, they are just as important to the journalism program. The business and senior ads are the program’s biggest fundraiser.

The program runs entirely on ad sales and fundraising. This makes it difficult for the class to buy the necessary supplies, software, and materials.

“Senior ads are basically the biggest fundraiser for the journalism program,” journalism teacher Nancy Oben, said.

The money raised is used to purchase cameras, printer ink, and computers, among other things. The purchase of ads helps the student body as well, as funds from the ads keep the yearbook at a cheaper price point.

“Senior ads and business ads also keep the price down for the general yearbook,” Oben said. “If they weren’t sold, the [starting price] of the yearbook would be $95.”

The Excalibur Yearbook has four different ad sizes with four different price points: Business Card, $50 (three pictures), Quarter Page, $125 (six pictures), Half Page, $200 (12 pictures), and Full Page, $300 (24 pictures). For more information about the prices and sizes of the ads, you can visit yearbookforever.com or visit Oben’s room in room 112.