Share the glam with your friends

PTSA organizes an event to help students in need of prom clothes

Jack Kirk, Staff Writer

Prom is approaching fast, and there is an opportunity for Robinson students to get some formal attire for the event right here on campus. The Robinson PTSA is holding the Knights in Need Prom Dress and Suit Selection Event for those students who might not be able to purchase anything formal to wear for prom.

This is the first time an event like this has taken place at Robinson, with PTSA member Debbie Sledge at the helm, leading in the organization of the event. The idea came from the collaboration of various parents.

“We were talking about a spring event, something to do for the student body. Many of the mom’s with daughters shared how many beautiful dresses they had just sitting in their closets,” Sledge said. “What if we recycled these dresses, friend to friend? Bring a dress in and come find a new one for yourself.”

During all lunches on March 5, 6 and 7 students can sign up to be a part of the selection in the cafeteria by the sign out book. Then on March 12 through the 14 from 3:30pm to 5:00pm after school, those students who signed up will be able to select the items they want in the auditorium.

Anyone who wants to donate attire for the event from should bring them on the collection days, which are March 5 through the 7.

If students are uncomfortable signing up in the cafeteria, they can go to the school social worker Lori Stewart’s office on the sign-up days to register instead.

“We don’t want any student to not be able to go to the prom because of any kind of financial hardship or an inability to purchase what they needed,” Stewart said.