SGA offers service opportunity for student beautification

Student Government offers an opportunity for students to help out around school for service hours.

Photo Courtesy Robinson Student Government Association

A screenshot from the social media post promoting SGA’s “Service Saturday.”

Ella Wertz, News and Features Editor

Throughout this 2020-21 school year, Robinson has started several beautification projects around the campus. This weekend, the Student Government Association is offering a service opportunity for students who are interested in assisting with Robinson’s newest project: The Beach.

“We hope to clean up the new beach at Robinson, remove the graffiti in the restrooms and clean up the overgrowth around the flag pole. Additionally, any trash/weeds that need to be removed will be,” Sadé Wallace (’21) said.

The Beach was started by senior Kaia Poisall as her IB CAS project. Poisall created The Beach to provide students with an outdoor area where they can study, relax or even eat lunch during school.

“Junior year, I saw the playground area from Mr. Simmons room and wondered why they had kept it there for so long when no one was using it and since a CAS project is a required part of the IB curriculum I thought it would be a unique task that could fill that require and leave an impact on the school at the same time,” Posiall said.

If you are interested in helping with this project or other small beautification projects around school, students are welcome to meet in the courtyard this Saturday, Jan. 30. Students are permitted to volunteer from 9 am to 12 pm. In return, students will earn two to three service hours for their contribution to Robinson’s beautification process.

Students that are interested in helping with Posiall’s Beach at Robinson but are not able to attend this Saturday are welcome to DM @thebeachatrobinson to find out future times where they can help out.