Preview: Knights Gold Together fundraiser

Bringing awareness to RHS students through fundraising.

A graphic containing information about the upcoming event.

Photo Jadyn Grayes

Jadyn Grayes, Staff Writer

On Friday, Oct. 29 Robinson IB student Tamala Harris (’24) will host a field day to raise funds for childhood cancer research.

“I thought of a way not only to raise awareness on a wider spectrum but to incorporate the Robinson community as well,” Harris said.

Tickets, t-shirts, and wristbands are available for purchase on MyPaymentsPlus. A ticket will allow you to leave 8th period and participate in games and contests to win prizes. The field day will consist of many games such as a mini flag football game, limbo, and tug of war.

The color theme is yellow, so be sure to wear your best outfit in the hue. There will be a color competition, and whoever wears the most yellow will win a prize. There’s also yellow t-shirts being sold, along with tickets, with all proceeds going towards funding for childhood cancer.

This is the first year an event like this will be held at RHS, and students have high hopes for it.

“If I’m being honest I’m hoping this field day fundraiser will become an annual event and help Robinson make an impact in the fight against childhood cancer,” Harris said, explaining the effect she hopes to make at Robinson with this event.

Harris has involved other students in the planning process and the team is excited for the event on Friday.

“The childhood cancer fundraiser is a great way to show the kids that there are people out there that care for them even though they don’t know them and that we want them to keep on fighting this fight because no matter who they are we believe in them,” said Valeria Restrepo (’24), a volunteer helping organize and publicize this event.

Event Info:

Time: Oct 29, 2:42 – 3:30 p.m.

Location: Robinson High School

Tickets: $5 purchase online at MyPaymentsPlus.com

T-Shirts: $10 and can be purchased online at MyPaymentsPlus.com