INSTAGRAM: Robinson High School’s First Day of School

A+worried+freshman+on+her+first+day+of+school+during+the+2022-2023+school+year.+

Photo Grace Hilton

A worried freshman on her first day of school during the 2022-2023 school year.

Juno Le, Editor-in-Chief

It’s time to trade in that beach bag for a backpack. School is officially back in session.

The 2022-23 school year began Wednesday, Aug. 10 as students reunited with friends they hadn’t seen over the summer and settled back into desks.

Robinson’s seniors started out their morning at Ballast Point by watching the sunrise together, a classic tradition many of them had been looking forward to since their freshman year. Some came with decorated crowns to celebrate their last first day of high school and the morning grew sentimental as they all gathered to take photos.

“First days have always seemed so important to me and I’m excited to see what this year brings but also a little sad that I’ll never experience a first day of school in the same way I have for the past 12 years,” Ava LeClair (’23) said.

The coming year welcomes both anxieties and excitement, many having something to look forward to.

“I am most excited for fall season. I love football games, tailgates, school spirit, pep rally’s and mostly volleyball season, which is so much fun,” Mia Reineke (’23) said.

Arriving at school, there were noticeable differences as compared to the layout before the end of last semester. With a now expanded cafeteria and rerouted hallway traffic, adjustments were made. Still, even for the freshmen, these changes weren’t a huge obstacle on their first day back.

“I wasn’t surprised by anything in the school since I was there for Open House, so I knew what to expect,” Carl Umejei (’26) said.

While the first day followed a special bell schedule with homeroom for the first 30 minutes of the day, the rest of the week and forward will follow the regular bell schedule, which can be found in our Instagram highlights.