INSTAGRAM: What To Expect Club Day

Information and advice for your first club day at Robinson.

Whittaley+Bowen+%2824%29+scanning+the+QR+code+for+the+Women+in+Stem+Club.+

Photo Allie Barton

Whittaley Bowen (’24) scanning the QR code for the Women in Stem Club.

Yesenia Rosario, Staff Writer

This year’s first club day will be next Monday, Sept. 19.

Club day is a whole school day dedicated to your chosen clubs. They typically land on the second Monday of each month. All club dues must be paid to be able to attend the club of choice. To get into your club, you need to get your club card from your club sponsor in advance to be able to leave class. Traditional and IB students’ schedules will be similar as there is no more extended ACCA day for IB students.

Everyone will start their day off regularly, going to their first period or block. Students will switch classes like normal and the color of your club card will determine which periods you leave, which they will announce. Make sure to go to your class and wait for the announcement to be dismissed for clubs. Do not leave to a club without the announcement being made. Your club card will have all the information you need on where to go (name, location, club name, period number, etc.)

Club day is a day to take advantage of. If you don’t have a club that period,  you are encouraged to get any homework or studying done. It’s also good to contact or meet with any teachers for questions or help, as long as they don’t have a club that period. Make sure to get a pass in advance.

Ask a teacher or your peers if you have any questions about club day or a particular club. If you need to contact a sponsor to pay dues, all clubs have an Instagram account you can message for information.