Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Knights Beat Tarpon Springs, 7-0

Photo Justin Fontes
Laura Osorio (’15) running through two Tarpon Springs defenders.

Last Thursday, Jan. 23, the girls soccer team played Tarpon Springs Spongers in the Class 3A region quaterfinals.

To start off the game, captain Sam Ishee (’15) scored the first goal around ten minutes in.

Twenty-five minutes in, it got rough and Laura Osorio (’15) got pulled to the ground.

Amanda Chromiak (’15) scored with nine minutes left in the first half.

Then, with six minutes left in the first half and after the Tarpon Springs’ goalie blocked the goal twice, Chromiak scored her second consecutive goal.

At the end of the first half, Knights are up, 3-0.

The Knights came into the second half strong with Megan Bohan (’16) scoring her first goal of the night within thirty seconds of the start.

Then four minutes in, Ishee crossed a corner kick, and a member of the Spongers accidently scored on her own goal.

Six minutes in, Osorio made a beautiful through pass to assist Ishee with yet another goal.

Sarah Jennewein (’17) went for a goal and smashed straight into the Spongers goalie twelve minutes into the second half.

Throughout the game, Knights goalie Mackenzie Johnson defended her goal magnificently.

Sarah Jennewein scored the seventh goal of the night for the Knights.

With thirteen minutes left, captain Hayden Jennewein (’15) took a massive strike and hit the crossbar. Unfortunately, the Tarpon Springs goalie saved it before it rolled in for a goal.

In the last fifteen minutes, the Knights were trying to get the ball to Maggie O’Brien (’17) so that she would have a chance to score her first goal of the game.

The girls play the Largo Packers in the Class 3A region semifinals Tuesday, Jan. 28 at Robinson at seven.