Girls Basketball: Lady Knights Lose to Booker, 46-43

Photo I. Hanewicz

Forward Christiana Rolack (’18) looks for a teammate to pass the ball to. Rolack scored four points in the game.

Isabel Hanewicz, RHStoday Editor-in-Chief

In yet another heartbreaking game, the Lady Knights basketball team lost to the Booker Tornadoes 46-43. After missing out on the district title by one point, the team looked to Thursday’s game for a chance at redemption, but instead left the court once again unfilled.

The Knights put up a strong challenge to Booker, but never held more than a few point lead over the Tornadoes. The Tornadoes capitalized on free throws, making 11 out of 15 shots as opposed to the Knights, who made one out of five shots.

Chrisheena Rolack (’16) led the Knights in scoring with 14 points, followed by Jada Flannegan (’18) with 12 points. Booker’s Cellexia Foster (’17) led the game in scoring with 15 points.

Booker will face Spoto, who beat Lake Wales 59-31, Tuesday, Feb. 9 at Spoto High School (8538 Eagle Palm Dr, Riverview, Fla. 33578) at 7 p.m. in the FHSAA 5A Regional Semifinals. The Knights end their season with an 18-7 record and send off three seniors: Chrisheena Rolack, Erica Martin and Dejah Quick.