Knights Lose 4-0 to Middleton

Photo Isabel Hanewicz

Robinson’s Kobe Copple (’19) looks for an open receiver.

Macy McClintock, Sports Writer

After a 38-0 loss to Plant last week, the Knights (0-3) were looking to defeat Middleton (4-0) in their first district match up at Jack Peters Field Friday night, but were defeated 4-0.

The Knights got off to a rough beginning, with two false starts and a missed 40 yard field goal within the first quarter. But a sack for Anthony Krouse Jr. (’17) and blocked pass by Najee Fitzgerald (’17) sparked a slow turnaround. Though, as the buzzer ticked down, the half ended with two more penalties called on the Knights.

The Knights maintained a lockdown defense all night, keeping Middleton out of their end zone and forcing numerous punts. However, the offense could not sustain a steady drive, giving up two safeties in the fourth quarter.

Eann Johnson (‘17) intercepted a Middleton pass in the endzone late in the fourth quarter, running it back 60 yards, and seemingly giving Robinson momentum, but the play was called back by yet another penalty.

Overall, Robinson was charged with 11 penalties throughout the game, giving up a total of 95 yards. The mistakes and sloppy pay resulted in their third consecutive loss.

The Knights hope to end their losing streak against the Lions next Friday, September 23, at King High School (6815 N 56th St, Tampa, FL 33610).