Weekly recap: 9/10/18-9/14/18

Wide+receivers+Quinton+Lane+%2819%29+and+Deangelo+Davis+%2820%29+

Photo M. McClintock

Wide receivers Quinton Lane (’19) and Deangelo Davis (’20)

Macy McClintock, Sports Editor

Swim:

Both the boys and girls swim teams were scheduled to host Alonso on Wednesday, Sep. 12, but the meet got canceled due to storms in the area. The meet will be rescheduled to a Saturday morning later in the season, but the exact date has not been approved by the district yet.

The Western Conference meet is Wednesday, Sep.26, at Bobby Hicks Pool (4120 W Mango Ave, 33616).

Golf:

Both the boys and girls golf teams were supposed to face Armwood last Thursday, Sep. 13, but the matches were canceled due to ominous weather.

The Knights face Plant next Monday, Sep. 24.

Cross Country:

Neither the boys nor girls teams had meets last week.

They both will race in the North Port Invitational this Saturday, Sep. 22, at North Port High School (6400 W Price Blvd, 34291).

Volleyball:

Robinson (4-1) faced Jefferson on Thursday, Sep. 12, in a district matchup. The Lady Knights swept the Dragons 3-0.

“The big wins remind us that we need to stay focused,” Libero Emily Kemp (’20) said. “We can’t take any team for granted.”

The Lady Knights take on Middleton this Thursday, Sep. 20, at Robinson High School (6311 S Lois Ave, 33616).

Football:

The Knights (2-2) faced Spoto (2-2) in a district matchup last Friday, Sep. 14. In a close game that came down to the final drive, the Knights outdid the Spartans 24-21. Click here to read the game recap.

The Knights take on Blake (1-2) this Friday, Sep. 21, at Robinson High School (6311 S Lois Ave, 33616) in this year’s homecoming game.