General interest meetings for flag football and girls tennis

Learn more about the upcoming spring sports season

Photo Jennifer Le

Photos courtesy of Hanna Malone.

Juno Le, Online Managing Editor

Robinson High School will begin the 2021 spring sports season with a general interest meeting for flag football and girls tennis. Students may attend these meetings if they are interested in learning more about the sport without committing.

Flag football will be hosting a general interest meeting after school on Dec. 2 at 3:45 PM in the cafeteria. Robinson’s varsity flag football team has held state champion title for four consecutive years prior to the shortened 2020 season. The JV team remains undefeated since 2011. Last year, Nike decided to sponsor the team as a way to popularize flag football across the nation. If you are unable to attend the meeting in person, stop by Coach Saunders’s classroom in room 125 to let him know.

Tennis will be conducting their general interest meeting after school on Dec. 3 at 3:35 PM at the tables outside of the cafeteria. Students will meet with Coach Verdisco to learn more about the upcoming season. Unfortunately, the girls tennis team was only able to play one match against Steinbrenner last year before the season was cut short due to COVID-19.

For more information on Hillsborough County Public Schools’ athletics, visit the athletics page on their website.