The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024
POLL

Does Taylor Swift deserve the hype?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Boys Golf Swing Their Way To Regionals

Boys Golf competed at the District Golf match and placed third.
Cameron+Wilson+%28%E2%80%9825%29+swinging+during+his+put+on+the+green.+
Photo Courtesy of Sam Woodward
Cameron Wilson (‘25) swinging during his put on the green.

As the sun rose over the hills so did the clubs of Robinson’s Boys and Girls Golf team competing in their district match.

On Monday, Oct. 23, Robinson’s Boys and Girls Golf team competed in their district match against multiple schools in the county at Temple Terrace Golf and Country Club. They woke up with the sun bright and early to compete for a spot at regionals with the boys managing to take third place. The girls’ team also played this match, but didn’t place to qualify for their regional match. Robinson’s representation for the girls will still happen with Morgan Mason (’24) who scored the lowest individually on the girl’s team, qualifying her for regionals.

Golf Captain Sam Woodward (’25) is excited to move on to regionals with his team, but is disappointed to be not be ranked as highly as they had hoped.

“We advanced to regionals as a team but did not place runner-up as we hoped to,” Woodward said. “The highlight of our match was all finishing with a score that was not far off from our average. Im looking forward to having another chance to improve our score this Tuesday.”

The boys will be competing in their regional match at on Tuesday, Oct. 31 at Bardmoor Golf Club.

“I believe we have a very promising future for this team and I’m excited,” Woodward said.