Knight Writers Fashion: Say Hi to Kawaii!

Pink fills the halls with a new pop of style.

Photo Grace Hilton

Cadence Stephens (’24) smiles for the camera in their all-pink outfit.

Grace Hilton, Sports Editor

In the plain, grey hallways of Robinson, there is one person that stands out with a pop of bright pink. Cadence Stephens (’24) comes to school in an eye-catching style that gets the notice of passing students.

The purse of Cadence Stephens (’24) with different style pins on it. (Photo Grace Hilton)

They define their style as kawaii, which originates from Japan meaning “cute.” The style started in the 1960s and continues to this day, reaching new popularity in America. With their outfits, the goal is to be “very cute and pink!”

Stephens finds inspiration from internet influencers that dress in styles such as “sweet lolita” and “decora kei.” These styles lead to the creation of each day’s outfits.

“Other people who participate in the kawaii fashion style are certainly the most inspiring since the fashion isn’t something everyone wears and [it] totally stands out,” Stephens said.

Cadence Stephens (’24) pairs long socks and shoes to their outfit. (Photo Grace Hilton)

For others wanting to have a look as unique and pink as theirs, Stephens recommends blouses and skirts that range in colors, mostly being pink. They also focus a lot of time on accessories, such as hats, headbands and bags to complete your outfit.

“Also, long socks to complete the kawaii look.”

To find these accessories, they go to Hot Topic and look for accessories to match with clothing pieces they own.

“I mostly choose by the color of my outfit so I can match with the accessories… I just pick whatever characters I like or that I think look cute.”

Stephens’s outfits never fail to be the spotlight of the Robinson atmosphere, bringing in style and color to be a standout part of your walk to class.