Casa Azuls classic churros.
A&E
Casa Azul a Sugar-Coated Fiesta
Whittaley Bowden, Senior Staff Writer • April 26, 2024

Fashion on the Out

With winter rolling in, here’s four pieces of clothing to pull from your closet.
Photo Janiece Mitchner
An illustration of a boy and a girl wearing metallic neon-colored bottoms.

Since the year is coming to a close, there are new fashion trends coming in, and some that have to go. Here are four current trends that should be gone before 2023 ends.

1. Excessive Camo Print 

I like camo print, but when people start wearing camo clothing with all the sticks and leaves on them, it’s not cute. The intense camo hunting clothing should only be worn if you’re going hunting; it should not have been brought into street style. The whole point of wearing this type of clothing is to not be seen so maybe let’s not see it in public.

2. Denim Maxi Skirts

Jean skirts have always been in, but recently people have been making longer ones. I just believe any way you style it you’re going to look like an 1800’s farm girl. Maxi skirts can be styled very nicely, but the combination of a long skirt and denim just leaves it feeling very off. This style can be argued over whether it’s cute or not, but I, personally, am not a fan.

3. Blazers

Blazers should be left for business meetings only, no need to wear it with jeans and bring it to dinner with friends. It’s something about the professional look on top with the casual look of jeans on the bottom that makes it feel like the mullet of women’s fashion. We need to take them to our nearest goodwill before it gets cold enough to wear them unless you’re going to meetings every week. Blazers should be kept in women’s business/business casual, I don’t think that everybody should be wearing them with tank tops and skinny jeans.

4. Metallic Jeans

This one may be just my opinion, as I can be picky on the textures of clothing. I think that metallic jeans should be left alone. The only time you will see me dressing in a pair of metallic silver jeans is if I’m dressing up as a robot. If you would like to add some shine to your outfit, there are  some better options. A pair of sandals or flats can help you add some shine without giving a machine-like vibe.