Back to School Issue: Back To School Fashion

A new year means a new wardrobe.

Photo Keirra McGoldrick

A simple, comfortable outfit perfect for long days at school. The pink top is from Zara and the white shorts are from Target.

Keirra McGoldrick, Opinion Editor

Going back to school can be a stressful experience for many students. Picking some back-to-school outfits, however, can be quite possibly the best part of leaving summer break behind. The whole process of getting new clothes and shoes is exciting. Clothing is a way to express yourself, especially to new people you may have never met before.

Even though many people don’t have a plethora of money to spend on all new clothes at fancy stores, there are some wallet-friendly options to shop at and get a few new things. The most highly suggested option for affordable clothing would probably be thrift stores. Thrift shopping gives incredible options for affordable clothes that don’t contribute to fast fashion. If there are no thrift stores you’d want to go to, there are also places like H&M, Papaya, Forever21 and Cotton On. those are good places to look for brand new, trendy clothes at affordable prices.

Now on to what to look for in said stores. Although we all want to express ourselves through our clothing, it is still school and the majority of people just want to be comfortable. Some flare leggings are a great way to be cute and comfortable at the same time. Sweatpants or joggers are also perfect for staying comfortable during the school day.

Even though staying comfortable is important, jeans are a staple in everyone’s closet. Whether is flare, straight leg or mom-style jeans, they can tie together a whole look. A good t-shirt can also be the key to a good outfit for school, pair a fun t-shirt with simple leggings, jeans or shorts and you’re golden.

New shoes are possibly the most fun part of back-to-school fashion. Getting a pair of good reliable shoes that are also in style can be a challenge sometimes. The basic Chuck Taylor high-top Converse, in white or black, go with everything and is perfect for the new school year. High-top Nike Blazers are also a good option because they’re in style and can go with multiple different outfits.

A good outfit can inspire some much-needed confidence in those who need it most. For going back to school, choose clothing that you’re most comfortable in and the rest will follow shortly after.