Two Knights of One-Act Performances

Troupe 2660 is back with yet another theatrical production.

Photo Juno Le

Troupe 2660 members Ava LeClair (’23)(left) and Jayden Fernandez (’23) performing at the recent Robinson Foundation event.

Vikram Sambasivan, News Editor

RHS Thespian Troupe 2660 is putting on two evenings of one-act plays at 7 p.m. in the RHS Auditorium on April 21 & 22. Tickets cost $5 if purchased in advance and $10 purchased at the door. For any questions one may have regarding ticketing, one can go see Ms. Pelamati in room 2209 or any member of Troupe 2660. 

This performance will feature a number of plays including: 

1. “Sillyheart” – One-Act competition entry by Troupe 2660
  2. “21 Chump Street” – By Lin Manuel Miranda, directed by Troupe Choreography Director Kasey Scott
  3. “Mmmmbeth” – directed by Troupe President Elena Peden (’22)

Although doubt has been expressed by part of the student population, Peden is very confident about the benefits of putting on a one-act. 

“The nice thing about one-acts are they are designed to be portable and adaptable. They are shorter but allow for more creative freedom in things like set design,” said Peden. 

While producing a one-act may seem short and easy, it hasn’t been a painless effort for Troupe 2660 to put on this production. 

“I’m a little worried about where we are in preparation as there have been countless hurdles and mishaps throughout the year. But I have confidence in our troupe,” Peden said. 

Overall, many troupe members have expressed excitement at the opportunity to perform something that’s a little outside of the box which allows more creative interpretation on their part. 

“I like that the variety of One-Acts we are performing give us a chance to showcase the versatility of the theatre troupe’s abilities. For example, our showcase consists of a short musical, a drama, and a satirical comedy,” Troupe member Aurora Stucky (’24) said.