The student news site of Robinson High School

Knight Writers

• Feb. 16 is a Non-Student Day
  • Spring Break is Mar. 11-15.

Knight Writers

Knight Writers

Lakeem Johnson (24) running the relay on Senior Night.
Sports
New Record is Scored and Best is Set All At States
Jordan De La Cruz, Sports Editor • June 3, 2024
Cover of Billie Eilishs fourth album, Hit Me Hard and Soft.
"Hit Me Hard and Soft" Hit Me Like a Bus
Yesenia Rosario, Co-Editor-in-Chief • May 23, 2024
Varsity Flag Football team celebrating after winning the States Championship.
Knights Skew Jaguar Meat During States Game
Jordan De La Cruz, Incoming Sports Writer • May 20, 2024
Darius Walsh (24) riding on his friends shoulders clutching his yearbook during the senior clap-out.
So Long Seniors
Ashlyn Miller, Co Editor-In-Chief • May 20, 2024

Robinson Has Elected The New SGA Leadership

SGA has its leadership for the 2024-25 school year
SGA has its new leadership for the 2024-2025 school year.
Photo credit: Robinson SGA Instagram
SGA has its new leadership for the 2024-2025 school year. Photo credit: Robinson SGA Instagram

Robinson’s Student Government Association holds reelections every April in preparation for the upcoming year, with results returning the following week. After the elections in April, the student body selected the new leads for the student government that would serve their wants and needs.

SGA President – Gabbie Rodrigues (’25)

Gabbie Rodrigues is the newly elected President of SGA. She has participated in SGA since the end of her freshman year and plans to expand involvement in decisions throughout the organization.

“My goals for next year are to have more involvement from all our SGA member in everything we do, for our plans to represent the student body as a whole and bring excitement and school spirit to everyone, and also to successfully implement a new school tradition.”

Rodrigues has seen the influence that SGA members can have on the school and the joy that SGA helps bring to the student body, and the desire to create her own impact has always inspired her to continue to work in SGA.

“As a freshman, I remember watching all the juniors and seniors working on things for SGA in my study halls and going to pep rallies and seeing their involvement and overall influence on the school and I knew then that I wanted to be able to have the same if not greater impact on the school that they did. I think that is what mainly inspired me as well as wanting to expand my relationships with administrators, teachers, and other students in our school.”

Vice President – Isabella Musolino (’26)

Isabella Musolino is the newly elected Vice President of SGA. She has been in SGA for 2 years and is coming into office with ideas for student involvement and fundraising.

“I really want to revitalize the pep rallies and spirit weeks and increase student involvement in sports games and other activities,” Musolino said. “We also have some ideas for new fundraisers and school traditions.”

Musolino is dedicated to serving the student body through her actions as Vice President. The joy of getting something done inspired her to join SGA and continues to inspire her to represent her community.

“A lot of people have complaints on how things should go, but there’s something different about saying you want something done and then actually doing it. It’s cool to be able to have a voice in what happens and making sure everyone’s views are represented.”

Senior Class President – Nate Clement (’25) 

Nate Clement is the newly elected Senior Class President. He has been in SGA for three years and is planning on growing Robinson’s diversity and culture, while also organizing a new fundraiser for charity.

“My plans for SGA are to help make school more fun and expand upon diversity and culture at Robinson,” Clement said. “We’re also going to start a 3 on 3 basketball tournament for MOFITT Cancer Institute.”

Junior Class President – Dillon Colaso (’26)

Dillon Colaso is the Junior Class President for the 24-25 school year. He plans to help unify the school and lessen the gap between traditional and IB students.

“There’s some division between traditional and IB, and even within IB and traditional itself. I hope to unify the community entirely into one large family at Robinson.” Colaso said.

Colaso mainly ran for the fun of it; but he is excited to help serve his school community.

“My friends mainly wanted me to run just for fun, but in the end, it’s an experience. You’re representing your community and trying to solve these knit-picky problems throughout your community, but I think it’s really fun.”

With the school year coming to a close, the current SGA leadership is passing the responsibility of being the voice of the students here at Robinson to the new elects, and the new leadership is prepared and willing to serve the student community and their interests.