XC Girls run the world – and the state meet

Robinson’s cross country girls make it to states and place within the top 20.

Photo Courtesy of Sarah Roberts

The Robinson cross country girls lined up with their coaches.

Grace Hilton, Sports Editor

After a long season, the girls cross country team earned their way to the FHSAA Cross Country State Finals and run in the 3A region. As a team, they placed 18th with 500 points. The run took place on Friday, Nov. 12 when teammate Sarah Roberts (’24) ran a time of 20:36.10 and placed 69th, a big reason the team placed top 20 in the state.

Roberts is a homeschooling student that runs alongside the Robinson Knights. She placed highest on the team during the state finals after a long season of being the fastest runner on the team. She was very proud of her team and how they performed during their race.

“We were definitely ready for this race. We’d been training from the beginning of summer up until this last race day, and I think we pulled off some great times,” Roberts said.

“I was excited and nervous because I didn’t want to let the team down in any way,” said Arianna Milsaps, (’25). She placed 97th in the race with a time of 20:59.40. As one of the highest placing runners on her team, she was satisfied with her work this season.

Despite all the nerves among the team, they performed well and ended with satisfactory times. “The road to states could be tough, especially on workout days. However, getting to compete all the way through post-season made every mile 100% worth it,” Roberts said.

While the season is over, the state meet was a prime example of the girls’ ability, talent and hard work. Since the boys cross country team could not make it to finals, there was a lot of pressure on the girls team, as well as their coach, to succeed at this race.

“I got a lot faster and I worked a lot harder, I think coach helped with that a lot,” Milsaps said.